Work & Life at Little Green
Little Green Software hires and retains exceptionally talented individuals dedicated to delivering high quality software products. A supportive and highly collaborative team environment enables consistent success and brings out the best in each person. We love to learn and proactively work to continuously improve.
- Collaborative, fun and flexible environment, sweet office in the heart of downtown Durham, NC
- On-the-job mentorship and professional development budget to attend conferences, take courses, and learn – keeping you and your skills fresh
- Your favorite snacks and drinks stocked in the kitchen
- Company lunches, trips and events – a chance to recharge your batteries.
- Health and retirement plans, with company contribution
Durham is consistently ranked among the top tech sectors in the nation and the best places to live, work, play and eat. Little Green Software is in the heart of downtown Durham, and we’re proud to play an active role in the community. Just a few steps from our office you’ll find award winning cafes, restaurants, bakeries, ice cream parlors, and a thriving ecosystem of developer, designer and entrepreneur resources.
Little Green Software is known for exceptional quality, user experience, and design. The mission of the Little Green Software engineering team is to build scalable, highly polished consumer software applications that meet the current and future needs of our customers and users. To achieve this, we leverage the best tools and technologies available, whether for native mobile or web based client apps, back-end server and database platforms, or cloud and devops services.
Little Green Software engineers:
- play an important role in defining and delivering the details of the product experience;
- thrive in a highly supportive, collaborative environment;
- are creative, strategic, positive and opinionated;
- take pride in their craft, are up for a good challenge, love to learn new technologies and hone their skills;
- prototype new features;
- instrument for analytics, and architect for scale;
- deliver tested, production-ready code, on time;
- provide our clients with what they want, and delight them with things they didn’t imagine;
- write beautiful, polished, validation-ready code;
- communicate technical concepts with clarity and ease, and write excellent documentation;
- appreciate the benefits of a great team, process and tools.
- enjoy variety and working on new projects;
- are rewarded most of all by building products customers love and value;
- ...and have fun while we’re at it :)
Generalist, polyglot developers adaptable to a wide range of technologies are preferred in our dynamic company. Candidates must demonstrate a consistent history of leveraging technology to produce quality software.