Want to turn app ideas into published, polished success stories? Little Green Software is searching for the next great addition to our team.
Little Green Software builds software for innovators with big ideas.
We started Little Green Software because we wanted to help organizations with great ideas. We are excellent at executing the ideas and improving the initial vision with a practical eye on details. Our clients love what we do, and so do we!
After three successful years in business, we’re looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Why work at Little Green Software?
Little Green Software specializes in apps for health, medicine and wireless peripherals. We fulfill an important need for innovators who want to connect with the large and rapidly growing mobile market. Our clients range from startups to large organizations like Duke University, Timex and HTC. Our clients are experts in their fields, but need an experienced and specialized software team to build scalable products with maximum potential. We handle every step, from prototyping, to publishing, to post-launch updates and analysis.
In addition to offering development services, we’ve developed our own product line of medical apps to help patients and physicians manage chronic disease.
Everything we do revolves around our people. Little Green Software hires and retains the brightest and most talented people dedicated to delivering high quality products. Our team members work collaboratively on hands on projects and enjoy the mentorship of experienced professionals.
By joining our team, you will play an important role in helping innovators execute their vision and build products that leverage new mobile opportunities.
- Great location in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, consistently ranked among the best cities to live, work and play.
- Professional development budget. Learning is the best way to stay ahead of the curve.
- Smart and supportive team
- Drinks & snack room. Juices, soft drinks, beer. Whatever fuels you.
- Company trips and events. Gotta take a break so you can be refreshed!
We’re a young, bright and talented team that’s driven to succeed. We believe that people fulfill their potential when they’re happiest, so we are creating a fun and flexible environment where we can all excel. We love to do our best, and to learn how to do better.
Our core values
- Put user experience and value first. If your first goal is to design products that deliver value and are a joy to use, the business goals follow naturally.
- Make a positive difference in the world.
- Work on cutting edge technologies. Use the right tool for the job; work smarter, not harder.
Developer / Software Engineer / Computer Scientist
contract to full timeYou’ll work on user-facing products and backend infrastructure. You’ll prototype new features, and deliver production code. You’ll instrument for analytics, and architect for scale. You provide our clients with what they want, and delight them with things that they didn’t imagine. You write beautiful, polished code. You meet deadlines and deliver value. You take pride in your craft: you relish learning new technologies and honing your skills. You convey ideas and code with clarity and ease. You use test-driven development when appropriate, write excellent documentation, and (of course) use source control. You enjoy variety and working on new projects. And most importantly, you are fun to be with, both at work and at play.
- Creative — can think out-of-the-box and solve difficult problems
- Focused — stays on-task and adjusts course as necessary to meet larger goals
- Self-directed — a self-starter who can complete tasks on time with no oversight and no excuses
- A Team Player — willing to listen to teammates and can accept and give constructive feedback
- Customer focused — delivers a well-polished product of excellent quality and value
- Expert in one or more of the following platforms, and eager to learn new technologies:
- Web: HTML5/CSS and one or more web frameworks (PHP, Python, Ruby/Rails, Clojure, jQuery, Scala, node.js)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or software engineering
Director of Communications
part time contract workAre you a tech-savvy communications specialist who loves to write engaging, content rich, on-brand copy? Do you love to tell a great story? Little Green Software needs your help to get the word out about the amazing work that we do. We’ve been so busy doing what we love — working with our clients — that we’ve neglected to tell our own story well. You will interview us, understand our needs, and work closely with our design team to transform our website into one that lets prospective clients and hires know how fantastic we are. Please submit multiple writing samples along with your resume, and include a brief cover letter explaining why you’ll love this role and why we’ll love you. Please explain your rates or desired compensation.
Does this sound like you? Please apply at email@example.com. Include your resume, and tell us about your interests, accomplishments and salary requirements. Please also include links to previous work and any online presences, such as your blog. If you worked on a team, be specific about how you contributed to the work.